If you have a topic you're incredibly passionate about or feel as though you're a natural-born teacher, then hosting an online course could be a great way to earn some extra cash. One of the internet's main benefits is that it is an excellent learning resource.
There’s no end to the different online courses available on the internet and you'd be surprised how much people will pay to learn from expert tutors. That isn't to say that it's necessarily easy running a successful online course. Still, if you are an expert in your field and the content is engaging and interesting, then it's absolutely possible.
Our online course platforms offer certificated modules, membership login areas, affiliate programs and secure SSL checkouts. If teaching has always been a passion of yours, then running an online course as a side job could be a rewarding path to take.
Benefits of online courses
1. Automatically send out course completion certificates to your students once they have completed a module or course.
2. Create a members-only section to your course site where past or current students can interact with each other, offering a real sense of community.
3. Link your online course with your main website, emails or database to chase up students who didn't complete the checkout payment process.
4. Minimal costs once the initial course is set up with the ability to charge extra for 1-to-1 or smaller group sessions.
5. Students can learn at their own pace with no pressure to complete modules or assignments that they might otherwise have in more typical teaching environments.
Other questions you may be wondering
Q. Does it cost extra to design both a standard website and then a separate teaching website as well?
A. Yes, this is correct. It is advised with teaching platforms to have a primary website where all of your main customers are directed and then to host a secondary website where the courses themselves will be hosted alongside your community of students, which does result in slightly higher initial set up fees.
Q. How do I know if running an online course platform is for me?
A. If you are specialised in one particular area, to the point where you don't know anybody else who is as knowledgeable as you within this sector, we would say go for it. It's often very easy to play your skills down and believe that there's always going to be somebody who can do it better than you, but you'd be surprised. If you never try, you'll never know.
Interested in this for your business?
We offer a free consultation meeting to assess your business' needs, so no need to worry if it all sounds a little overwhelming to begin with, we are here to help!